Tuesday 18 July 2017

HYBRID | HOMEMADE KITCHEN LABELS

A couple of months ago I decided to reduce my waste, particularly packagings. So I bought a maximum of products in a grocery store where they sell loose oils, flours, sugar, spices, coco nut, sweets etcetera.
Now I use glass jars to store them in my kitchen.

When I saw Mirjam's July BYOC Bakers Gonna Bake products I got a idea: create labels to decorate my jars and jam pots.

Let me show you how I made these.

I made the labels in Photoshop using Bakers Gonna Bake Elements and Labels & Tags by Pink Reptile Designs.


I not only printed the label clusters but also one main item. I need these to be able to add a bit of depth to my labels.


After printing every item needs to be cut.




Adding a little strip of 3D tape at the back of the main item and sticking that to the label creates that bit of depth I was looking for.



The finished labels are glued to the jars.




I wrote the names of the products in the jar on the labels. This is what my jars looked like before I made the embellished lables.


And this is what they look like now! It's better isn't it?


These labels are perfect for all kitchen pots and jars. Here I used them on a pot of apricot jam and on a pot of grated coconut:



Now it's time to cook! ;)


As always I hope you enjoyed my post and if I inspired you in any way, shape or form then by all means make a photo of your project and upload it to your gallery so you can leave a link in the comment section below! I'd love to see what you made!

1 comment:

  1. these are AWESOME!!!!!!! tu est vraiment magnifique!!!!!!! I will try make some!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete